Friday, May 25, 2012

Now I know....

First of all, I'm probably the worst blogger around.
I just love writing on paper, so as a result, I tend to ignore the keyboard and computer screen.
But, there are those times when I feel the need to express my heart in this way.

Josh and I just returned from Michigan.
We were there for about 10 days, visiting family and friends that we hadn't seen in months- some we had not seen in years.
We arrived back in Hamilton two days ago, and well, everything just felt funky.
He was feeling it just as much as I was, but we couldn't put our fingers on why.

On a side note, I found myself really missing my Dad and even crying over him, which I haven't done in a while.
So, why all these strange emotions??

Last night we were with friends. Still funky.
Getting back into our routines. Still funky.

And then it hit me.
Everyone in Michigan has known me and Josh since we were young.
AND, everyone there knew my Daddy.
I was called "Jimmy's girl" multiple times while we were there and for the first time in a while, I felt known.

I love our new home.
Hamilton is beyond what I could've ever dreamed of for us to start our new life together.
But there's part of me that aches to be known as "Jimmy's girl" by the people here.
And when something on tv reminds me of Dad, no one feels the same way.
Or when someone says a phrase that was my Dad's favorite, no one even looks at me to see if I'm smiling.

Now I know, why there's been a strange feeling of emotion.
It felt good to be called "Jimmy's girl" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment